Sunday, May 31, 2009

MoCCA festival - June 6th & 7th - table #403


Next weekend, June 6th and 7th, I am participating in the 2009 MoCCA Festival at the 69th Regiment Armory at Lexington Avenue and 25th Street in New York City. 

You can find me at a table with two other SVA graduates, the fabulous Sophia Wiedeman and the always inspiring Dunja Jankovic. And I'm looking forward to meeting Maria Sputnik, who will be with us too. All these MoCCA-chicas have much more comic book experience than I, and yet they are kind enough to allow me to play along. 

I will be selling signed copies of my books Alphabetic Ballyhoos and The R. U. Fauna Department Store Catalog, along with other wares, such as original art, hand-bound stationery, gift tags, t-shirts, and sandwiches (yes, sandwiches), and I'll throw in some free stuff. I hope to see you there!

If you've never been to the MoCCA Festival, it's a great way to see what's happening in the world of comics and graphic novels. All of the major publishers (Fantagraphics, Drawn and Quarterly, etc.) are there, beside a stunning array of independent, international comic book artists. It's also a great fundraiser for MoCCA, a tiny museum with a big purpose, on lower Broadway. 

The festival will be open to the public from 11:00am to 6:00pm Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June 7th
General admission is $10/day or $15/weekend but is only $10/weekend for MoCCA members. 

No comments: