Wednesday, October 28, 2009

the big sibling book


The Big Sibling Book, by Amy Krouse Rosenthal hit stores this month, and I just got my copies in the mail. While finishing up my thesis at SVA this Spring, I created a series of over 100 spot and sticker illustrations for the interior. Published by Potter Style (a division of Random House) Big Sibling is a write-in album for a child to record milestones in the life of his or her newborn sibling. (FamilyCorner.com gave it a very nice review this week.)

All the sales materials were released before I was brought in, so you won't see my work on Amazon or the other online vendors, but the images here give you a pretty good sense of my part. The palette was changed sometime after I turned in my final art, so while not exactly what I'd intended, the overall packaging of the book is very nice. Maybe next time, I'll get a stab at a cover.

No comments: